IHG Hotels and Mr & Mrs Smith announced their partnership in late 2019 that was delayed until October 2020, and some (one) of their hotel was bookable on IHG’s website last week.
Now, IHG has rolled out more Mr & Mrs Smith hotels on their platform that are available using either by cash or points (some cash only). IHG intends to have more than 400 Mr & Mrs Smight hotels on the platform by the end of next month.
You can access IHG’s page for Mr & Mrs Smith here.
Here are some searches I executed today:
Rio de Janeiro
Only one of the Bali hotels are available using points.
None of the Cape Town hotels are available for points.
Remember that award reservations for Mr & Mrs Smith affiliated hotels must be canceled a minimum of 30 days before OR you lose the points.
- Award pricing will be dynamic – not sure what points to cash value IHG will use (we should find this tomorrow)
- Members will earn the usual number of points, including the elite bonus for Mr & Mrs Smith stays
- Mr & Mrs Smith doesn’t participate in IHG’s loyalty promotions (double, triple, etc. points)
- The Mr & Mrs Smith pricing is the same as on their website (OTA or direct hotel pricing could be different)
- Ambassador and Kimpton Inner Circle members are eligible for a room upgrade and GoldSmith welcome gift
- Award nights must be canceled a minimum of 30 days before the intended stay
- Credit card free night or fourth night free benefits don’t apply for Mr & Mrs Smith hotels
- 400+ or Mr & Mrs Smith’s 1,600 or so properties will participate in this IHG initiative
It seems that IHG Rewards Club points are worth roughly 0.6 cents each when used towards Mr & Mrs Smith bookings.
Just be very careful and ensure that your plans are FIRM if you end up booking any of them using points, as these reservations become noncancelable 30 days before arrival (you lose your used points).
Many of these hotels will be cheaper if booked directly with the hotel or through an OTA with a coupon. The IHG’s price should follow what these hotels are going for when booked through Mr & Mrs Smith.
You then need to decide what the earned IHG Rewards Club points are worth over possible cash savings.
Continue Reading: Source Link