Wyndham Rewards has had several months to work out how to encourage people to stay with them once they started traveling again. They’ve launched a new promotion today which suggests they needed a few more months to work on it because it’s decidedly underwhelming.
- Registration required.
- To qualify for the 2,000 Wyndham Rewards bonus points on up to five (5) Qualified Stays offer (“Offer”), a Member must (i) register for the Offer by July 27, 2020 via either an email invitation from Wyndham Rewards specific to the Offer, or the “My Promotions” section of their Wyndham Rewards Member account on wyndhamhotels.com/wyndham-rewards; (ii) book up to five (5) Qualified Stays at Participating Hotels (a) on www.wyndhamhotels.com/wyndham-rewards, wyndhamhotels.com, any of the official brand websites of the participating Hotel Chains,[WV1] the Wyndham Rewards app, via the official toll free reservation number of Wyndham Rewards or any of the participating Hotel Chains; (b) onsite at a Participating Hotel, directly with such hotel; or (c) via a non-online travel agent (i.e., a traditional travel agent); and (iii) begin such Qualified Stays no earlier than June 17, 2020 and complete them no later than July 28, 2020 (each an “Offer Qualifying Stay”).
- An Offer Qualifying Stay includes all consecutive nights at the same property, regardless of check-ins or check-outs.
- Bonus points earned hereunder will usually be posted to Member’s account within six to eight weeks following the completion of the applicable stay.
- A Member who has elected in their member profile to earn airline miles or rail points rather than Wyndham Rewards points and who books and stays in accordance with this Offer will receive their base earning in airline miles or rail points with the bonus denominated in Wyndham Rewards points.
- Maximum of five (5) bonuses (i.e., a total of 10,000 Wyndham Rewards bonus points), per Member (even if such Member begins and completes more than five (5) Qualified Stays between June 17 and July 28, 2020).
- This Offer may not be combined with any other bonus points offer or substituted for any other offer. Wyndham Rewards, Inc. may cancel or modify this Offer without notice.
Free night awards with Wyndham Rewards cost 7,500, 15,000 or 30,000 points, so 2,000 bonus points barely gets you a quarter of a free night at one of their lowest category properties.
This promotion therefore does nothing at all to make it worth considering a Wyndham property over another hotel chain considering most other chains are offering something more rewarding than this, but it’s still better than nothing if you were going to be stayed at one of their properties anyway. We’re probably going to need a couple of one night stays during this promotion period, so I’ve registered my account just in case we end up staying at a La Quinta as that’s a pet-friendly brand (albeit one which now sometimes charges a pet fee) which is now part of Wyndham Rewards.
Continue Reading: Source Link