Note that Sheetz no longer participates and Amex Open Savings no longer exists. Read the updated post below for what still works.
In addition to Capital One’s Spring program, Mastercard and Visa each offer extra savings for small business cardholders. With these programs, you can get automatic statement credits just by spending money at select gas stations, hotels, car rental agencies, merchants. For reference, here are links to each program:
With Mastercard and Visa, you have to enroll your business cards.
This way it’s possible to double-dip just by using the right card for the job. Here are a few examples:
Chase Ink Business Preferred Visa
The Chase Ink Business Preferred Card earns 3 Ultimate Rewards points per dollar for travel, shipping, internet, cable, phone, and advertising with social media sites (up to $150K spend per year).
Visa SavingsEdge, meanwhile, offers a number of rebates which overlap with the Ink Business Preferred’s 3X categories. Here are a few:
- Hotels: Wyndham Hotels (all brands): 4%; MGM Properties: 4%; La Quinta Inn & Suites: 5%
- Shipping (Note: I’m not 100% sure that these earn 3X): Stamps.com: 3%
Example: By using your Chase Ink Business Preferred Card after enrolling it in Visa SavingsEdge to pay for MGM hotel stays, you’ll earn 3X Ultimate Rewards points plus 4% cash back. Similarly, if you use the card to pay at La Quinta Hotels (for example), you’ll earn 3X Ultimate Rewards points plus 5% cash back. In both cases, you can increase rewards further by booking through a portal, and by making sure you are enrolled in theotel company’s rewards programs and by making sure to enroll in any active rewards promotions that those companies run.
Chase Ink Cash Visa
The Chase Ink Cash Card earns 5 Ultimate Rewards points per dollar for office supply purchases, phone, TV, and internet (up to $25K spend per year); and 2X for gas and restaurants.
Visa SavingsEdge, meanwhile, offers a number of rebates which overlap with the Ink Cash Card’s 5X and 2X categories. Here are a few:
- Gas (2X Ultimate Rewards): Chevron: 2%
- Restaurants (2X Ultimate Rewards): Corner Bakery: 2%; Godiva: 8%; Papa John’s: 2%; Panera: 2%; Red Robin: 1%
- Phone, TV, Internet (Note: I’m not 100% sure that these earn 5X): Boost Mobile: 3%; HostGator: 5%; Mailchimp: 5%; Register.com: 4%
Example: By using your Chase Ink Cash Card after enrolling it in Visa SavingsEdge to pay for gas at the pump at Chevron, you’ll earn 2X Ultimate Rewards points plus 2% cash back. Boost Mobile customers can do even better with 5X Ultimate Rewards and 3% cash back from Visa SavingsEdge.
Mastercard Business Cards
While I couldn’t find currently available business MasterCards with great category bonuses, I figured it would be helpful to list the savings available. Note that Bank of America and Barclaycard business cards don’t seem to work with Mastercard Easy Savings.
Mastercard Easy Savings offers rebates in the following categories:
- Gas and maintenance: 5% at TiresPlus. 1% cash back at participating Fuelman Network gas stations. Click here to find participating gas stations in your area (in Ann Arbor we have two participating Mobile stations, a Shell station, and a Circle K).
- Restaurants: 4% cash back at all restaurants in the Dinova restaurant network. Click here to find participating restaurants in your area (in Ann Arbor, the list includes only major chain restaurants such as Outback, Bob Evans, Potbelly, California Pizza Kitchen, etc.)
- Hotels: 4% cash back at all hotels Hotel network. Click here to find participating hotels in your area (in Ann Arbor, the list includes primarily mid-scale hotels: Wyndham Garden Inn, Hampton Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Comfort Suites, Quality Inn). It’s also possible to get an additional 1% cash back with something called checkINN Direct (details here). My guess is that you’d do better booking directly with a hotel chain after clicking through a portal, but it’s possible that checkINN Direct has better negotiated rates (I don’t know).
- Travel: 3% cash back on travel booked with Upside.
- Car Rentals: 5% cash back at Avis and Budget.
- Airport Parking: 10% cash back with Park Ride Fly USA
- Business Services: Mimeo 10%; LivePlan 10%; BIDaWiz 10%; Monster 15%; Microsoft Search 5%; Biz eGift Cards 20%. Before you get too excited about this last one, it appears to be a service for providing your company’s gift cards to customers. I don’t think you can get 20% back for buying gift cards.
Visa, and Mastercard offer extra savings for business card holders with select merchants. It’s often possible to stack these discounts with credit card category bonuses (as described above). And, in many cases, you can earn more rewards by stacking with portals, other linked credit card rewards programs, merchant rewards, etc. For more on stacking rewards, please see our Extreme Stacking page.
Continue Reading: Source Link