BRITAIN has closed its travel corridor with Spain over the weekend, meaning everyone returning from holiday must quarantine from now on.
But do quarantine restrictions apply to key workers like nurses, police officers and journalists?
⚠️ Read our coronavirus live blog for the latest news & updates
Holidaymakers are not exempt from quarantine unless you’re coming from a travel corridor countryCredit: Alamy
Do key workers need to quarantine?
Anyone returning from a quarantine country must fill out the Public Health passenger locator form and go straight into quarantine on arrival.
This includes most NHS workers, police and other key workers who were allowed to work during lockdown.
Unless you are working on very specific international business, you are unlikely to be exempt.
Holidays do not count either, and therefore you will have to quarantine for two weeks once you get back no matter what you do for a living.
Who is exempt from quarantine?
Most of the exemptions cover either transport professionals or key workers traveling from abroad to the UK on very specific business.
Individuals that are exempt from quarantine will still have to fill out the standard tracking form and must have official clearance that they can produce at the border.
Among those that are exempt are:
- Essential UK and foreign diplomats that are on a mission, including intelligence staff
- Defence personnel, forces and contractors who are confirmed as exempt through the Ministry of Defence
- Border security and maintenance staff
- People who live in the UK but work in another country and travel between the UK and country of work at least once a week, and visa versa.
- People licenced to transport passengers by coach and bus internationally
- International freight and goods drivers, including post and medicine.
- Eurotunnel and Eurostar staff, pilots and air crew
- Industry and infrastructure specialists that are coming in for work purposes
- International prison escorts
- People essential to clinical trials and studies
If you are unsure if you qualify, you can find the full details on the government website here.
Will France & Germany join Spain on quarantine list? The countries most at risk
Brits cancel hols to France, Italy & Greece in droves due to quarantine fears
Ryanair won’t cancel Spain flights despite quarantine and keeps ticket change fee
NEVER MIND THE BALEARICS
Majorca, Ibiza & Canaries bid to be excluded from Spain quarantine
First look at London Resort theme park’s hotel and shopping zone – due in 2024
Benidorm mayor begs UK to lift 14-day quarantine rule for Costa Blanca area
Continue Reading: Source Link