Citi isn’t the only one sending out targeted spending offers to cardholders at the moment. Discover has targeted some of its own cardholders with an offer to get a $10 statement credit when paying for $30 or more of gas at BP or Amoco when using the BPme app.
- Spend $30+ with your Discover card in the BPme app and get a $10 statement credit.
- Offer valid 8/31/2020–10/31/2020.
- Earn a $10 statement credit when you activate this offer in this email and then make purchase(s) of $30 or more.
- Only transactions paid using the BPme app with your Discover card as default payment qualify.
- Only purchases made from merchants located in the United States are eligible for 5% Cashback Bonus.
- Limited to one $10 statement credit on the Discover account listed above.
- The $10 statement credit will be applied within two statement periods.
- Offer is non-transferable.
Note that this is a targeted offer which requires activation, so you’ll need to click the activation link in the email from Discover.
In theory, it’s an easy $10 provided your local BP or Amoco gas stations aren’t significantly more expensive than other gas stations in the area. Having said that, it might not be too easy to use.
There was a somewhat similar BPme Amex Offer within the last year or so which my wife and I had on a couple of our Amex cards. The BPme app was awful though; trying to save our Amex cards was a hassle as the app was so glitchy, then the app didn’t work the first couple of times we tried to use it at a BP gas station.
We did eventually manage to use one of our Amex Offers, but I’ve since deleted the BPme app from my phone and I’m not rushing to re-download it to save $10 from this Discover offer.
Continue Reading: Source Link