HOLIDAYMAKERS are already looking for their next trip despite the lockdown – with Benidorm on the menu for this winter.
Research conducted by TravelSupermarket revealed October and November 2020 have seen increases in searches for package holiday prices.
While this doesn’t necessarily mean Brits are booking their holidays just yet, it could suggest that some are looking ahead to the future, especially with bargain deals available.
Long-haul holidays are also appearing to be much more appealing, with trips to the Maldives, Las Vegas and Orlando some of the top destinations.
This is a huge shift compared to last year which saw primarily European destinations such as Tenerife, Majorca and the Algarve on the list.
Emma Coulthurst, travel commentator at TravelSupermarket explained: “Some of people’s time during lockdown is being used to compare prices for exotic beach escapes or trips to some of the world’s most entertainment-filled cities and October and November have become the most popular departure months to search.
“There is one clear anomaly though: the most-searched-for destination for holiday prices for the rest of 2020 is Benidorm.
“With the pubs closed at home and talk of potential cheap beer prices on the Spanish coast in future, Brits appear nostalgic for a drink or three in the sun by the sea.”
Most popular package holiday searches in April 2020
3. Las Vegas
6. New York
8. Dominican Republic
Spain is slowly coming out of lockdown, with holiday resorts considering beer prices from just 50p to encourage British travellers to return.
However, a summer holiday is likely out of the question.
Balearics Tourism minister Iago Negueruela said: “There are countries like the United Kingdom that have taken too long to adopt containment measures and that also puts us in a different situation with respect to them.”
Instead, booking a holiday for the autumn and winter is a better bet – although caution is still advised, with the current travel advice to avoid non-essential travel in place indefinitely.
Emma added: “The lifting of travel restrictions for tourism will vary from country to country, with actions currently being discussed by governments on how to ensure both local citizens and holidaymakers are kept safe.
“For anyone who decides to book a holiday, I’d advise booking a package, so that your holiday is financially protected under the Package Travel Regulations 2018 and ATOL scheme.
“If you go down the DIY route, then you should choose no quibble money-back cancellation options for accommodation. Also, a flight out of the UK will be protected under EU Air Passenger Rights 261. For extra consumer protection, pay with a credit card.”
Here are some of the best deals for October, November and December, starting from just £94 per person:
- Seven nights all-inclusive in Antalya Turkey, departing from London Gatwick on October 11 – £352pp
- Seven nights all-inclusive in Majorca, departing from London Gatwick on October 24 – £325pp
- Seven nights all-inclusive in Corfu, Greece, departing from Manchester on October 24 – £396pp
- Six nights in Dubai, departing from London Stansted on October 6- £497pp
- Seven nights in Benidorm, departing from London Gatwick on November 1 – £162pp
- Seven nights in New York, departing from London Gatwick on November 7 – £561pp
- Two nights in Barcelona, departing from London Gatwick on November 8 – £98pp
- Two nights in Prague, departing from London Stansted on November 7 – £94pp
- Seven nights in Las Vegas, departing from London Heathrow on November 7 – £697pp
- Ten nights all-inclusive in the Maldives, departing from London Heathrow on November 29 – £2,376pp
- Seven nights all-inclusive in Jamaica, departing from London Gatwick on December 7 – £963pp
- Seven nights all-inclusive in Cancun, Mexico, departing from London Gatwick on December 6 – £936pp
TUI scraps holidays until June and cruises until July – but could be much longer
Fears Greek hotels and beaches will remain empty even when open to tourists
Cyprus says it WILL welcome Brits this summer – as early as June, in big U-turn
FUTURE OF FLYING
Passengers could face 4-hour waits to board planes after lockdown eases
Wizz Air to resume London flights to Spain and Portugal tomorrow
TUI to prioritise holidays to Ibiza and Majorca when Spain ends lockdown
EasyJet has launched cheap holidays for 2021 already, with bargain package deals from just £166pp.
We’ve rounded up some of the best deals for…
Continue Reading: Source Link