IHG Rewards Club is sending out targeted offers to members to incentivize them to stay by the end of the year. My wife and I received different offers awarding bonus points, but a reader reports getting an offer for a free night certificate.
- IHG is sending out targeted offers – here are some examples:
- Stay 3 nights & earn 10,000 bonus points
- Stay 1 night & earn 5,000 bonus points
- Stay twice & earn a free night certificate (capped at 40,000 points, must be redeemed by May 31, 2021)
These terms are for the 10,000 point offer; the 5,000 point offer terms are similar.
- Must be an IHG Rewards Club member and must register your member number in advance to participate in this Offer.
- 10,000 bonus points will be deposited into your account after completing 3 qualifying night(s) between October 15, 2020 and December 31, 2020 at InterContinental, Crowne Plaza, Hotel Indigo, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Staybridge Suites, Candlewood Suites, Kimpton, EVEN, avid, voco, Regent Hotels & Resorts, Principal Hotels, or HUALUXE hotels worldwide.
- IHG Army Hotels, Mr. & Mrs. Smith properties, and Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spas are excluded from this Offer.
- A Qualifying night is defined as a minimum 1-night stay booked under a Qualifying Rate, with total spend exceeding $30 per night.
- Only one room per member per Qualifying Stay will be eligible.
- If more than one member checks into the same room, only one member is eligible for the Offer.
- No retroactive credit will be awarded for Stays prior to registration.
- This Offer is subject to standard IHG Rewards Club Membership Terms and Conditions and earning structure, which can be obtained here.
- Please allow up to 3 weeks for bonus points to be posted onto your account.
- The use of certain rates may be subject to applicable agreement(s). Any misuse of such rates is considered a fraud activity subject to IHG Rewards Club Membership terms and conditions. IHG reserves the right to remove a member’s bonus points award or cancel a member’s account if fraudulent use of the Promotion is detected.
- To the extent permitted by applicable law, IHG Rewards Club reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion/Offer at any time with or without notice.
- To the extent permitted by applicable law, IHG reserves the right of final interpretation of this Offer.
- This exclusive Offer is valid and applies to the original recipient only.
- Members must make any promotional inquiries by 60 days from the end of the campaign period.
My wife and I both received a targeted offer, with the subject line “Hey, Shae! Check out this exclusive offer…” and “Hey, Stephen! Check out this exclusive offer…” respectively.
Her offer for 10,000 bonus points is the more generous of the two, although my offer for 5,000 bonus points is easier to attain seeing as I only have to stay one night whereas she has to stay three nights to earn her bonus.
Reader Franz reported in the Frequent Miler Insiders Facebook group that he received an offer for a free night certificate when staying twice. The certificate has a cap of 40,000 points, so it’s the same as the anniversary night certificates you receive on the IHG Premier and IHG Select credit cards at renewal each year. Despite the fact that he’d have to redeem the free night by May 31, 2021, it’s a decent offer. The only requirement is that he stay twice, so it could potentially be worth mattress running if he booked two one-night stays which were both cheap.
The great thing about these targeted offers is that they stack with IHG’s latest promotion. That offers double points for every stay, as well as 10,000 bonus points on your first stay when paying with an IHG credit card. If Franz has an IHG credit card, he could potentially pay less than $150 total for two stays and earn 10,000 bonus points from IHG’s latest promo, a free night certificate worth up to 40,000 points and more than 5,000 points for the stays based on base points, double points from the latest promo, 50% bonus points for Platinum status and 10x if paying with an IHG Premier card.
IHG is certainly tempting me to make a reservation with them. We already have the next two months of hotel stays booked and there isn’t really anything in there that I want to change as we’ve either booked cheap points stays with Hilton, Hyatt and IHG or cheap Hyatt paid stays which I wouldn’t want to move due to their generous 3x + double elite nights promotion.
The one potential outlet to take advantage of my 5,000 bonus points offer is a one night stay I was planning on booking at a La Quinta. It’s a quick overnight stay which costs $72 with tax and doesn’t charge a pet fee. The La Quinta stay would be cheaper, but an IHG stay would be more rewarding. Here’s how it all stacks up.
La Quinta (Wyndham)
- Cost – $72 with tax & no pet fee.
- $3.60 cashback (based on 5% back as a statement credit from Visa…
Continue Reading: Source Link