Bank of America has sent a targeted email out to some Cash Rewards cardholders offering double rewards on purchases at office supply, electronics and discount stores (including online purchases) through 9/1 – up to $100 bonus. It’s unclear whether this will double the 3% rewards in your chosen category, but if it does it could be a great return, especially for those with Platinum Honors.
- Bank of America has sent out a targeted offer for some Cash Rewards customers to get double rewards on purchases at office supply, electronics, and discount store purchases (including online purchases) through 9/1/20
- Must activate the offer using your unique link in the email
- Activate & earn double rewards (up to $100) on Office Supply, Electronics and Discount store retailer purchases through September 1, 2020.
- To be eligible, you first must activate this offer.
- Once activated, you will earn double the value of your Cash Rewards, up to $100 in additional Cash Rewards, when you use your account to make purchase transactions (exclusive of any fees, returns and adjustments) from the date you activate the offer through September 1, 2020.
- This offer is valid only on purchases made at office supply, electronics and discount store retailers.
- This offer is only valid on the account identified within this communication and is non-transferable.
- Allow up to 12 weeks after the promotion ends for the promotional Cash Rewards to be added to your Rewards balance. The value of this reward may constitute taxable income to you. You may be issued an Internal Revenue Service Form 1099 (or other appropriate form) that reflects the value of such reward. Please consult your tax advisor, as neither we, nor our affiliates, provide tax advice.
- This offer will not apply to any Preferred Rewards/Preferred Rewards for Wealth Management bonus, customer bonus or account opening bonus, if applicable. Promotional Cash Rewards earned as a result of the promotion are solely inclusive of Cash Rewards earned via 1% Base Cash Rewards, 2% Bonus Category or 3% Bonus Category.
The Cash Rewards card ordinarily offers 3% back in the category of your choice on up to $2500 in purchases per quarter. Since one of the categories you can choose is online purchases, this deal should stack and make for 6% back (up to $100 back). Those with Bank of America’s Platinum Honors would then stand to earn a total of 8.25% back (again, with the $100 cap). Note that the additional bonus for Preferred Rewards members is not doubled, just the base earnings. Still, that’s a solid return for purchases at online stores like Staples.com or Target.com.
Doctor of Credit reports that some people received a similar email without the $100 bonus, so be sure to take a close look at the email you’ve received to be sure you’re targeted.
H/T: Doctor of Credit
Continue Reading: Source Link