Great news for Californians and residents of five other states wanting to travel to New York City and the surrounding area: You won’t have to quarantine for 14 days.
This also is the case for the whole Tri-State area so travelers can now go to New Jersey and my home state of Connecticut, as the three have formed a partnership during this pandemic.
New York Governor Andrew M. Cuomo, Connecticut Ned Lamont and New Jersey Governor Phil Murphy announced yesterday that six states—California, Hawaii, Maryland, Minnesota, Nevada and Ohio—have been removed from New York State’s COVID-19 travel advisory.
Unfortunately, Puerto Rico has been added. Individuals entering the Tri-State area from states with a significant spread of COVID-19 should quarantine for 14 days after leaving that state.
Governor Cuomo said, “When other states and territories make progress fighting COVID-19, that’s good for New York and while I am glad to see areas removed from the travel advisory list, it still remains far too long.” Cuomo goes on to say, ” We must continue to be New York Tough and stay smart. Wearing masks, social distancing and hand washing is what tamed this beast in New York and we must keep it up.”
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That’s $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash’s subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser’s responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Continue Reading: Source Link