There are currently some very good rates for a range of Marriott branded properties in Bangkok as the owners are fighting an effort to fill up their properties again.
Hotels in Thailand are currently either closed entirely or have had occupancy rates of sometimes lower than 10% during the last few months. Most of the branded hotels that were actually open featured pretty much no discounts until a short while ago.
Whenever I priced them it came out to pretty much the same rate as pre-Covid times so no wonder the owners couldn’t entice anyone to stay as borders were closed and locals aren’t gonna pay full rate to stay at a hotel in their own city.
This has changed however since several properties have cut their rates dramatically and offered local “staycation” rates. In June the Athenee Hotel offered a rate to locals (Thai ID required) for below 2000 THB per day and the hotel started to fill up again, especially on the weekends.
Now the local owners of some Marriott properties (usually all the hotels are owned by pretty much the same 2-3 individuals) have opened a deep discount rate plan to the general public, bookable on the website:
For example these are the rate conditions at the Athenee Luxury Collection:
Gift of Happiness Continues…Save 50pct, includes see Rate details
Commissionable Rate- Asset World Corporation (AWC) would like to continue to pay for guests to experience The Athenee Hotel by offering to cover 50pct.- Guests booked on the Gift of Happiness (GOH) will receive 50pct off Room Rate and ALL restaurants, bars (exclude Alcoholic Beverages) and spa during stay.- Room Only however breakfast is included in the 50pct subsidized by AWC- Guarantee early check-in 6am and 6pm late check out. Arrival and departure time must be advised in advance- No minimum or maximum stay requirement- Marriott Bonvoy benefits is applicable
This is extremely generous.
In the contrary the Marriott Marquis Queens Park is quite restrictive:
- Non-Commissionable Rate: Travelling Together
- Terms and conditions:
- – Rate is 50pct of Regular rate, valid for Room only and does not include breakfast.
- – Special rate for breakfast for this promotion is THB 350 Net per person per night.
- – This promotion is not combinable with other promotions or offer (Megatix and other vouchers can not be used for payments).
- – Member benefits will not apply including but not limited to Marriott Bonvoy, Club Marriott
- – A room can be occupied by maximum of 2 Adults and 1 child under 12 in existing bedding.
- – Limit to 1 reservation per guest for a maximum of 5 room nights per stay.
- – Applicable to new bookings only. Subject to availability and limited to a maximum given daily allotment.
- – 50pct off regular priced food and beverage in Siam Tea Room,
- 30pct off regular priced food and beverage in other outlets,
- 20pct off at goji
- – No discount for In-room dining.
- – 50pct off regular priced Spa treatments.
- – Offer does not apply to groups and can only be booked by individual guests.
- – Blackout dates, early departure fees, deposit and cancellation restrictions may apply.
The main feature here is that Marriott Bonvoy benefits do not apply so that means no lounge access and no free breakfast.
In this case it might pay off to look at a different rate and in fact the Marriott Marquis has a rate of 1000 THB more which includes a 1000 THB hotel credit as well as 5000 Bonvoy Points on top.
What is especially interesting is that you can use the discounted Megatix Thailand prepaid vouchers to pay for the “Summer Dreaming” Rate plan:
- Commissionable Rate
- Summer Dreaming – Staycation Package:
- Includes breakfast for up to 2 persons
- 1. Guest receives hotel credit 1000 Baht per night
- 1.1 credit can be used across hotel managed facilities
- (including but not limited to accommodation upgrades, FB, Spa
- 1.2 non transferable, cannot be paid in cash and expires at
- guest check out
- 2. Receive Additional 5000 Marriott Bonvoy per stay
- Term and Conditions
- – Offer is subject to availability
- – A stay is defined as consecutive nights spent in the same
- hotel, regardless of check in/check out activities. Check out
- and check in can not be on the same day.
- – Offer does not apply to groups of 10 or more rooms
- – The bonus Marriott BonVoy points will be applicable to
- bookings made via Marriott.com only
- – Folio credit will be applied to Guest folio at time of
- – Folio credits are not transferable, not redeemable for cash,
- void after checkout and cannot be applied toward future stays.
- – This offer is not combined with other…
Continue Reading: Source Link