Indian Ministry of Health made an announcement, on Twitter of all the places, for travel restrictions to the country that would be in effect at midnight on March 13, 2020.
India is suspending most visas through April 15, 2020, except from diplomats, officials, and UN/international organization employees.
Here’s the announcement from the India Ministry of Health:
1. All existing visas, except diplomatic, official, UN/International Organizations, employment, project visas, stand suspended till 15th April 2020. This will come into effect from 1200 GMT on 13th March 2020 at the port of departure.
2. Visa free travel facility granted to OCI card holders is kept in abeyance till April 15th 2020. This will come into effect from 1200 GMT on 13th March 2020 at the port of departure.
3. Any foreign national who intends to travel to India for compelling reason may contact the nearest Indian Mission.
4. All incoming travelers, including Indians, arriving from or having visited China,Italy,Iran,Republic of Korea, France, Spain & Germany after 15th Feb, 2020 shall be quarantined for a minimum period of 14 days.
The above will come into effect from 1200 GMT on 13th March 2020 at the port of departure
5. Incoming travelers, including Indian nationals, are advised to avoid non-essential travel and are informed that they can be quarantined for a minimum of 14 days on their arrival in India.
6. Indian nationals are strongly advised to avoid all non-essential travel abroad. On their return, they can be subjected to quarantine for a minimum of 14 days.
7. International traffic through land borders will be restricted to Designated check posts with robust screening facilities. These will be notified separately by M/o Home Affairs.
8. Provision for testing primarily for students/compassionate cases in #Italy Italy to be made and collection for samples to be organized accordingly. Those tested negative will be allowed to travel and will be quarantined on arrival in India for 14 days.
It seems that many countries are closing their borders that may help to slow down the COVID-19 a bit, although it won’t be the ultimate solution if there are any.
Many have already curtailed their travels, and thus this merely means that the travel to/from/via India will come to a complete halt.
Continue Reading: Source Link