ITA Airways – the airline that’s replaced Alitalia as Italy’s national airline – is offering to status match customers from many other airline loyalty programs to their new Volare program.
- Status match from many airline programs to ITA Airways Volare by sending an email to [email protected] with the following information:
- Email subject: “program of origin” – “status of origin” (e.g. American Airlines AAdvantage – Platinum Pro)
- Body text: Name; Surname; “program of origin”; “status of origin” (e.g. John; Smith; American Airlines AAdvantage; Platinum Pro)
- Attach a legible copy of your current valid Frequent Flyer Card (digital or physical) and a copy of your ID card1 (pdf format, jpg)
- Direct link to offer.
- Status match available from the following programs (the many typos are courtesy of ITA Airways 😉 )
- Aeroflot – Aeroflot Bonus
- Aerolíneas Argentinas – Aerolíneas Plus
- Air Europa – Suma
- Alitalia – Millemiglia
- Air France/KLM – Flying Blu
- American Airlines – Aadvantage
- ANA – Mileage club
- British Airways – Executive Club
- Czech Airlines – OK Plus
- Delta Airlines – SkyMiles
- Emirates – Skywards
- Iberia – Iberia Plus
- Korean Air – SKYPASS
- Lufthansa – Miles and More
- Middle East Airlines – Cedar Miles
- Qatar Airlines – Privilege Club
- Royal Jordanian – Royal Club
- Saudia – Alfursan
- Singapore Airlines – KrisFlyer
- Swiss Air – Miles & More
- TAP – Miles & Go
- Tarom – Sky Team
- Turkish Airways – Miles & Smile
- United Airlines – Mileage plus
- From October 15 to November 30, 2021 these Members can participate in the status match campaign by enrolling in the Program “VOLARE” (if they are not already members) and request to match their current status within another loyalty program.
- Only Members belonging to exclusive clubs defined as Tier premium (Tier not accessible just with the registration to the program, e.g.,Ulisse, Freccia Alata, Freccia Alata Plus, Silver, Gold, Platinum, Frequent Traveller, Senator, HON Circle).
- The new status will be recognized in the ITA systems as soon as the matching process is completed. Members will receive a communication by email confirming the recognition by December 31, 2021.
- The new status will be available and visible to Members from December 31, 2021.
- The digital card and any physical cards will be available from December 31, 2021.
- The assigned status will be valid for 1 year starting from December 31, 2021, its maintenance methods are indicated in the VOLARE program.
- Any requests that do not include all the requested data or that are accompanied by illegible documentation will not be processed.
I doubt many readers have been itching to fly on ITA Airways which only started flying two days ago. However, even if you’re not planning on flying with them by the end of next year (which is how long the status lasts for), taking advantage of this status match promotion could still make sense, especially if you currently have airline status due to expire at the end of this year.
The reason for that is that it could extend your ability to status match to other programs after your current airline status has expired. For example, let’s say you currently have status with American Airlines but don’t want to spend $15,000 on one of their credit cards or earn $2,000 of Elite Qualifying Dollars in order to maintain that status next year. You could match your AAdvantage status to status in ITA Airways’ new Volare program. That might then provide you with the opportunity to status match from ITA Airways to a different airline next year.
I say that it might provide that opportunity because we don’t know yet whether or not any other airlines will add ITA Airways as an eligible airline from which you can match. I certainly wouldn’t count on the ability to do that, but if you were definitely going to be giving up status at the end of this year anyway, you might as well go for this status match to at least have the possibility of leveraging it during 2022.
Note that the Volare status doesn’t start until December 31, 2021, so if you did happen to have any flights with ITA Airways booked before the end of this year, your matched status presumably won’t help you. On the off-chance that you are planning on booking an ITA Airways flight before the end of 2021, be sure to register for this promotion that offers 10,000 points when buying an ITA ticket from October 15 and flying by December 31, 2021. You might as well pick up those bonus points seeing as ITA isn’t currently part of any alliance (although they’re apparently planning on applying to join SkyTeam) and so you can’t credit their flights elsewhere.
Continue Reading: Source Link