If you haven’t checked your Amex Offers yet today, it’d be worth doing that now as there’s a targeted offer giving 5% back as a statement credit which is good on up to $200 of spend.
- Earn a 5% statement credit when making purchases in-store or online with US supermarkets.
- Expires August 31, 2020.
- Limit of $10 in total statement credits.
- Offer valid for in-store and online eligible purchases at U.S. Supermarkets. An “eligible purchase” means a purchase made with your enrolled Card at a U.S. supermarket location by 8/31/2020.
- “Supermarket” means a standalone merchant in the U.S. primarily selling supermarket products.
- Excludes gasoline purchases and gift card purchases.
- Specialty Food Stores, Superstores, and Warehouse Clubs are not considered Supermarket stores.
If you have this offer available on any of your cards, I’d load it ASAP in case American Express has a cap on how many people can load the offer.
I sadly wasn’t targeted for this offer, but my wife was and it was available on her Amex Gold card. That’s awesome because it means we’ll not only get the 5% statement credit but also 4x Membership Rewards seeing as that’s what you earn at grocery stores on up to $25,000 spend per year on the Gold card. It’d therefore be best to check all your cards in case it’s initially available on more than one and then load it to whichever card has the best earnings at a grocery store.
With a limit of $10 back, you’ll max it out when spending $200. While that’s not the most lucrative of offers, it’s an easy $10 seeing as everyone will presumably spend $200+ at grocery stores over the course of four months.
Be sure to note that the terms exclude gift card purchases. Given how Amex has been in recent months and years, it wouldn’t surprise me if they were to parse the Level 3 data they receive from some grocery stores to claw back the 5% statement credit if you were to buy a gift card. The best thing to do is therefore to spend $200 on groceries before using that card to buy any gift cards.
Continue Reading: Source Link