This morning I found a targeted spending offer on a Business Platinum card. My offer was a snoozer. Then we found that Miles to Memories had reported a much better offer last night. That wasn’t surprising given that Amex typically has a variety of targeted offers when spending offers like this one come out. It’s worth logging in to check for offers. These spending offers appear to only be showing up on business cards at the moment.
- Amex is out with targeted spending offers found in the Amex Offers section of your account. Offers we have found or seen reported include:
- Spend $10,500, get 10,500 bonus points (up to 3 times)
- Spend $11,500+, get 3,000 bonus points (up to 3 times)
- Spend $5500+, get 1,500 bonus points (up to 3 times)
- Purchase requirements can be met in one or more purchases
- Payment of annual fees and foreign exchange fees
Depending on your offer, this can certainly be worthwhile — or it could be a total snoozefest.
In my case, I saw the offer above on a Business Platinum card. Getting 1500 bonus points on $5500 spend is like an extra 0.27 points per dollar — that is certainly not enough to entice me to get spendy (nor would the offer for 3K bonus points on $11.5K spend).
On the other hand, Danny the Deal Guru at Miles to Memories shows an offer on the Blue Business Plus to spend $10,500 and get 10,500 bonus points. Given that the Blue Business Plus earns 2x on all spend on up to $50K in purchases per year (then 1x), that offer essentially makes the card a 3x-everywhere card if you’re under the cap. That’s an awesome offer if you can meet $10.5K spend in 3 months.
I expect there are likely other spending offers available (I would guess that this latest round is only on business cards that earn Membership Rewards points, but I’m not positive). Share your offers in the comments.
Personally, I’ll be passing on this one given the really weak offer for us, but it’s worth looking to see if you have something better.
Continue Reading: Source Link